Wikwiheba's Friends and Partners
Our main partner is the Presbyterian Church in Rwanda (EPR). It executes central tasks for us, such as the local accounting and a large part of the practical organizing of the work in our projects. The EPR helps us evaluate the need and explore development potentials. Without this cooperation and the world wide reach of the church the Wikwiheba Community as we know it would never have come into existence.
Together with the German church-based development organization Bread for the World we built a vocational training program for 30 adolescents in the fields of auto-mechanics and tailoring. Wit the help of Bread for the World we were also able to lay the foundations for a pig farm on the Wikwiheba grounds in Byumba.
We are in frequent exchange with other projects and initiatives in Rwanda some of which are linked to the Presbyterian Church and some of which are not. The vocational training program of the Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Peace-Program is one of the initiatives of which we profit immensely through the exchange of ideas and experiences.
Rwanda Facts and Numbers
- Full name: Republic of Rwanda
- Population: 11.2 million (UN, 2012)
- Capital: Kigali
- Area: 26,338 sq km (10,169 sq miles)
- Major languages: Kinyarwanda (official), French (official), English (official), Swahili
- Major religions: Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy: 54 years (men), 57 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 1 Rwandan franc = 100 centimes
- Main exports: Coffee, tea, hides, tin ore
- GNI per capita: US $630 (World Bank, 2013)
- Internet domain: .rw
- International dialling code: +250